I might barely make the deadline, but this pillow is my second entry to Wool Hogs May Made It Challenge. My first entry (the Granny Square Pillow) began a commitment to cover each and every one of the pillows in my home (as well as the bag of pillows hiding in the trunk of my car) with unique designs. I think this will be a simple way to learn about different stitches and how to make original designs. My first is the ‘Sunny Clamshell Pillow.” (pattern)
As well as learning new stitches, I want to learn how to make and write patterns. I took lots of notes when making this pillow and converted them into my very first written pattern. I’m sure there’s mistakes or a better format I could have used. Suggestions are most welcome!
There are so many amazing entries to this months challenge. Here’s a couple of my favorites:
- A most beautiful Granny Square baby blanket by Hav2Havz
- A gorgeous doll called Pixie on vuchickens
- A super cute little octopus named ‘Jelly Legs’ on Kakes’ Crafts
- The stunning Ocean Waves Afghan by Beatrice Ryan Designs
I also want to give thanks to:
- Eda’s Crochet Room for putting together such a wonderful tutorial for the Sunburst Granny Square.
- Sandra from Cherry Heart for her Clamshell Tutorial
Each and every one of the above mentioned blogs is jam packed with beautiful and inspiring work!!
The Back (because I like how it looks without embellishments too)