Not too long ago, I posted about a Granny Square Blanket I’d finished. I mentioned that I wasn’t overly fond of the colors I had chosen, mostly because bright orange isn’t my favorite color. That’s, though, why I chose to use it. I wanted to make something that used a color I don’t generally find inspiring. Well, I confess that I bought way too much wool for the blanket and was left with a pile of color to use up. I started by making more granny squares, using color combinations that were different from the blanket. I got bored after 14, packed the squares and wool into a basket, and left them in my closet for close to 9 months. Then, a few days ago, I came across woolhogs monthly Made It Challenge. May’s theme is stash busting.
As a new blogger, I thought it would be fun to meet and connect with new people by participating in such an awesome challenge. I pulled out the Granny Squares and left over wool to make a pillow.
I confess it took me longer to put the pillow together than I had originally planned. However, I am pleased with the final outcome. I like how I used taupe to join the squares together. I also added 2 rows of granny stitches as a border around each side of the pillow and fastened the enclosure with some bright, plastic buttons. Now that I’ve finished, I want more fun pillows to decorate my house with!!